- What is the example of negative work done?
- What does it mean when work is 0?
- When work is positive or negative?
- What is zero work done with example?
- What is work done with example?
- What is positive example?
- What are three work examples?
- Why is the work done by centripetal force is zero?
- What are the examples of positive work?
What is the example of negative work done?
Negative work follows when the force has a component opposite or against the displacement.
Negative work removes or dissipates energy from the system.
Two examples: In pulling a box of books along a rough floor at constant velocity, I do positive work on the box, that is I put energy into the system..
What does it mean when work is 0?
Work is zero if applied force is zero (W=0 if F=0): If a block is moving on a smooth horizontal surface (frictionless), no work will be done. Note that the block may have large displacement but no work gets done. Work is zero if Cos θ is zero or θ = Π/2.
When work is positive or negative?
We saw that when the force and displacement are in the same direction, we call the work as positive. In the opposite direction, we call the work as negative.
What is zero work done with example?
1) A simple example of zero work is when you stand holding a bag in your hands and do not move it. Your hands apply a force on the bag to balance the force of gravity exerted on it but since there is no displacement of the bag, the work done on it by you (your force) and also the gravity is zero.
What is work done with example?
Positive Work: If a force relocates the object in its direction, then the work done is positive. The example of this type of work done is the motion of the ball dropping towards the ground where the displacement of the ball is in the direction of the force of gravity.
What is positive example?
An example of something positive is a good attitude. An example of someone positive is a motivational speaker. A friend who is sure that the Oakland A’s won the World Series is an example of someone positive. A person who has HIV is an example of someone positive for HIV.
What are three work examples?
Examples: Pushing a car horizontally from rest; shooting a bullet (the powder does the work); walking up stairs; sawing a log.
Why is the work done by centripetal force is zero?
As the centripetal force acts upon an object moving in a circle at constant speed, the force always acts inward as the velocity of the object is directed tangent to the circle. … Thus, the work done by the centripetal force in the case of uniform circular motion is 0 Joules.
What are the examples of positive work?
a)Examples of positive work doneKicking a football.Moving a chair.Throwing a stone.Riding a bicycle.Doctors moving a patient in wheel chair.striking a pen into another pen.Riding a skateboard.Pushing and moving a table.More items…•